– This is one of the largest language centers on the west coast of Canada. The school is located in the center of one of the most beautiful areas of Vancouver – Yaletown, close to the metro, shops, the beach and cafes. It is a TOEFL iBT change center. You will need only 5 minutes walk to reach the ocean and 10 minutes to the nearest Skytrain station.
VEC is one of the few schools offering low-cost programs for children and adults. Highly qualified VEC teachers have developed a unique multi-level program for learning English (only 15 levels – from Intro Beginner to Upper Advanced), which helps many students from all over the world learn English in Canada quickly and efficiently, regardless of their initial knowledge.
At your request, the language center organizes accommodation in a Canadian family. This will allow you not only to get good conversational practice, but also get acquainted with Canadian life and culture. It is also possible to stay at the student residence Union House Student Residence (minimum age – 19 years).
• General English (26 and 29 hours a week) is a multi-level English language course for adults and students, harmoniously combining traditional and modern methods of teaching foreign languages. The goal of this course is to help students learn how to communicate, and the emphasis is on the free and confident use of English.
• Business English is not only an excellent command of English, but also knowledge of business etiquette. Students expand vocabulary in a particular area of business: PR, marketing, advertising, management. Business English course is also aimed at those who find it difficult to overcome the linguistic and psychological barriers.
• University Preparation (ReadingWriting, ReadingVocabulary, University Skills) – Students are taught to apply various teaching tactics and research skills to successfully read scientific texts, as well as write essays and research papers. Students also participate in oral events such as debates, discussions and presentations in accordance with the level of knowledge of the language)
• University Pathway Program (VEC is a partner of more than 24 universities and colleges) After completing a specific program or completing the required grammar level at VEC, the educational coordinator helps with the choice of educational institution and paperwork for admission to a college or university in Canada.